What Fathom-Core Is¶
Fathom-Core is an injectable module loader integrated with a high-performance webserver and tied together by a structured configuration file.
Fathom-Core provides a structure for your microservice by specifying:
- a conventional directory structure
- a command-line arguments parser
- a highly configurable logging framework
- a structured configuration file with runtime specification of alternate configs
- separate production, test, and development runtime modes
- an http/https engine
- a dependency injection container
- a flexible module loader
- a service infrastructure
What Fathom-Core Is Not¶
Fathom-Core is not bloated.
While Fathom-Core is opinionated about it’s core bootstrap dependencies, it does not prescribe any higher-level components.
It does not require using template engines, SQL ORMs, databases, NOSQL servers, caching providers, mail libraries, schedulers, or any other dependency.